Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Moehler to the DL, Arias Called Up

From Brian McTaggart @ Chron.com:

"Astros pitcher Brian Moehler was placed on the 15-day disabled list today with a grade one medial collateral ligament strain in his right knee.

Moehler is scheduled to start Sunday, but it’s not known who will take his spot.

“I’m able to ride the bike and can play catch, which is a good thing because my arm isn’t going to get out of shape,” Moehler said. “That’s a plus. I just can’t go out and run right now or anything like that.”

Arias, who had a terrific spring, gave up five walks, two hits and six runs (four earned) in 2 1/3 innings in his only outing for the Express on Saturday. "

I figured Arias would be the first pitcher called up but Fulchino got the nod. Looks like I wasn't too far off.

Any idea who is gonna take the spot start for Moehler? I guess it is going to be either Fulchino or Arias seeing as Sampson hasn't thrown enough pitches really to step in and start.

Btw, Felipe Paulino has had two stellar outings at AAA Round Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment