Sunday, April 12, 2009

Brocail to the DL, Fulchino Escapes From the Rock.

Houston placed Doug Brocail on the 15-day DL with a strained rotator-cuff. Jeff Fulchino will takes his spot in the pen and join the team Monday when they face the Pirates.

Brocail on his injury from Stros.com:
"I'll be honest -- I was more worried about this one than when I blew out my elbow the second time," he said. "When you wake up and you can't get your arm up, and you struggle to get it out ... I'm a strike thrower. When I go out there and throw 13 straight balls, it's not good. At least this way, I can get all the swelling out, and once the swelling goes out, it'll keep the rotators from rubbing so bad."

I figured Alberto Arias was going to be the first pitcher called up from Round Rock but Fulchino gets the nod.

Hopefully Brocail will be feeling better when he come back from his two week vacation.

Houston is currently down 2-0 to St. Louis in the bottom of the 4th with 1 on and 1 out.

No comments:

Post a Comment